Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

Christmas morning has opened with lots of smiles and laughter. The Perfect Princes Dylan and Austin have opened their gifts, we've had a marvelous family breakfast and now I'll cook Christmas dinner. Tomorrow the rest of our children and grandchildren will be joining us for more celebration. Christmas Eve we celebrated with Jim's mom and Gene. We are blessed to still have them with us. They continue to weather the storms of ill health so very well. What a great holiday we share. We are blessed to share the love and warmth of family. This Christmas we have it all.

I've been a bit retrospective this year. I've been thinking of the strength we have been given through our friends at this time in years past:
the Christmas we celebrated at home when Scott and Autumn so bravely served our country in Iraq and were unable to be with us, our friends helped alleviate our concerns by keeping us on a positive track -
the Christmas season Jim's mom was diagnosed with cancer and helped us adjust to her cancer by sharing her upbeat and positive attitude -
the Christmas Day my father succumbed to cancer and passed away, our friends and family carried us beyond our sorrow and into the blessings of Christmas.

What a wonder it is to have family and friends to give you strength, to share the delicious times and to uplift you in the difficult times. I only hope that I can give as much to others as they have given to me.

This year I have been blessed to have new friendships change my life - my sistahs from the {Scrap} Beach. What a wonder it is to have found these caring, giving women. So many women who live by the philosphy to "Pay it forward". I thank you all for being a positive changing force in my life. In the coming year, it is my hope to follow in your example and "Pay it forward".

Live long & prosper,
Weezie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Weezie,
    as a new friend I wish for Christ to be in your heart and give you strenght...may you have a great year forward with lots and lots of blessings.
    love zeffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weezie, I have enjoyed getting to know you on you tube and at the beach, I'm impressed by your talent and feel I have so much to learn from you.
    Thank you for all you've done.
    Have a happy safe new year.
    ~Jill W. (momma2ski)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Weezie, I wish you and your family the very best for next year and thank you for sharing a piece of you with us. Your family is in my prayers.
    xxxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete